Wednesday 10 September 2014

First Lecture: 9/9/14


    Dr.Wan , my lovely lecturer..in this first lesson she told us a lot about microorganisms stuff and made me more interested to microorganisms. She is a humorous lecturer and make our first lesson full of laughter.

      In the padlet, she asked us what we wanted to know about microorganisms...I said I want to know how could microorganisms able to detroy human being and how could microorganisms able to save human being.

These were all I had learnt in my first lecture.
1) The largest bacterium in the world is Thiomargarita namibienus. It was found in ocean sediments in Namibia, Southern Africa.
2) The toughest bacterium in the world is Dienococcus radiodurans. It is radioresistant, can survive in extreme cold, vaccum and extreme acidic environment, It is polyextremephile.
3) Bacteriophage is virus that infects and replicates within a bacterium.
4) Anthrax is caused by bacterium Bacillus anthracis. This bacterium had been used as biological weapon due to the formation of dormant endospores.

Hope can know more about microorganisms from Dr.Wan in my next lesson~~~ ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment